Oberti Luxury Eyewear LaunchPosted on: January 15th, 2015 by SoFlaNights.com
The über-sophisticated new Oberti Collection of luxury eyewear, the creation of international luxury eyewear industry leader Daniel Oberti, is making its debut at the chic Oberti Optical Boutique in North Miami Beach. Oberti, who began his career in the fashion eyewear industry in 1980, created the exclusive Oberti Collection for the most upscale lifestyle. The collection is already a favorite of many celebrities and sports figures. Prices for the exquisite pieces, all made in Italy, Japan or France, range from $300 to $15,000 each. The elegant Oberti Collection, which offers highly unique customization, features an array of exquisite frames derived from the finest materials such as solid gold, titanium, Bubinga (African) wood, and buffalo horn. The Oberti Collection is available exclusively at Oberti Optical Boutique in North Miami Beach.
- Solid Gold and Diamond Collection: Oberti has merged the advanced technology of a spectacular frame carving with the delicate elements of eternal diamonds and gold. The timeless pieces can be customized to each client’s specific requirements.
- Acetate Collection: These unisex retro-inspired pieces are handcrafted with Japanese and Italian zyl frame components. Sunglasses incorporate polarized Carl Zeiss CR-39 lenses, with a five-layer anti-reflective coating and exterior hard coat.
- Sport Collection: This collection is available in two models: The Messiah and The Winner, both made in France, patented and available in four colors. The Messiah modified aviator is equipped with shock absorbency, offering a comfortable fit and locking system to stay on even during extreme sports. It’s available in four different colors and two sizes. The Winner, an aviator-shaped unisex piece, is available in one size. Sunglass models use a six-base Carl Zeiss polarized AR coating.
- Titanium Collection: Titanium models are made in Japan and have unisex classic shapes. Frames feature a dimensional titanium front in three colors. The collection features premium quality sun lenses made by Zeiss, polarized with a back AR coating to achieve maximum eye protection.
- Wood Collection: The collection’s titanium three-piece eyewear with a wood temple features hidden spring hinges. All of these pieces are lightweight, come in customized shapes, and offer various gradient tint with AR coating.
- Buffalo Horn Collection: Each piece in this collection is a unisex classic frame with a titanium front and buffalo horn temples. The collection features a wide variety of customizations, offering four different colors of titanium metal, as well as four different colors of buffalo horn temples.
Oberti, born in Argentina of Italian descent, moved to Paris at age 18 to immerse himself in the world’s cultures and pursue his passion for fashion design. It was there that he discovered by a prestigious modeling agency. In 1980, he relocated to the U.S., where he began his career with prominent eyewear organization Crystal Du Monde, working both in the wholesale and retail divisions. In 1988, he established the independent optical boutique “Just Looking Eyewear” (now Oberti) in North Miami Beach, which reached high-profile celebrities.
In 1999 and 2000, Oberti was the designer behind the famous Gold & Wood line of eyewear, and introduced it to the eyecare world at the 2000 International Vision Expo and Conference in New York City. For that line, he developed 38 different shapes of lenses, the diamond frame, a beautiful gradient and fashion tint, three-piece mount design with wood temples, color temples for the American market, and the saddle bridge.
Continuing to participate at distinguished optical shows in Paris, Milan, and beyond, Oberti developed his first prototype, The Positano (featuring gold and diamonds), in 2006. After traveling to France and Italy in search of factories that would implement his design, in 2015, the Oberti Collection came to life.