Best Baguette Miami 2016Posted on: April 14th, 2016 by SoFlaNights.com
French Morning hosted Best Baguette Miami 2016 competition, presented by La Compagnie. Total of 9 finalists competed for “best baguette” in Miami, in front of a jury of professional chefs and celebrities, at The National Hotel Miami Beach. All bakers displayed their baguettes and other breads for the guests to sample before the audience chooses their favorite. Guests chat with bakers, and enjoyed tasting of the baguettes & breads, and a selection of cheeses and charcuterie, followed by the jury’s deliberations.
The panel of judges was comprised of:
– Charly Nestor, French TV Producer of Canal Bleu, and ‘Hit Machine’ TV show host;
– Christian Rassinoux, Executive Chef of the Diplomat Resort & Spa;
– Gregory Gourreau, Executive Chef of Juvia Miami Beach;
– Matthew McDonald, Executive Chef of The National Hotel;
– Sylvain Leroy, Chef of Paris Gourmet and member of L’Academie Culinaire de France.
The competing finalists included:
– Alibey Embarek of La Parisienne – Grand Prix Award + Special Jury Prize,
– Arthur Arnaize of Epicerie Wynwood – Readers Prize,
– Bernard Casse and Matthieu Cartron of Croissan’Time,
– David Loprete of Pause Café – Special Bread Award,
– David Thau of La Provence – Special Jury Prize,
– Georges Berger of Chocolate Fashion,
– Patrick Baboun of Délices de France – Fan Prix Award,
– Sébastien Sangely of Tulipes Café,
– Tomas Strulovic of True Loaf.
Tags: 04/14/16, Alibey Embarek of La Parisienne, Arthur Arnaize of Epicerie Wynwood, Bernard Casse and Matthieu Cartron of Croissan'Time, Best Baguette Miami 2016, David Loprete of Pause Café, David Thau of La Provence, French Morning, Georges Berger of Chocolate Fashion, La Compagnie, Patrick Baboun of Délices de France, Sébastien Sangely of Tulipes Café, The National Hotel, Tomas Strulovic of True Loaf